11 ‘Conservation’ words you must know at levels A1 to B2
Conservation is the protection of the natural environment Do you know the words linked to conservation?
Fill the gap in each sentence with one word or expression from the box. Look up the words in Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries and use the information in the entry to help you.
1. Buses and trains are more _______________ than cars.
2. _________________ have urged individuals to make changes to their lifestyle.
3. Many tropical rainforests are undergoing serious ___________________.
4. The Amazon rainforest is one of the world’s richest and most diverse ____________.
5. The group is campaigning for stricter laws on environmental ______________.
6. The number of people committed to living a ___________ lifestyle is on the rise.
7. There are concerns about the ____________________ impact of the festival.
8. They are working on a ________________ project to protect tigers.
9. They have established a ______________ around the city and there are dozens of parks.
10. Threats to the animals’ survival include the destruction of their natural ___________.
11. This corner of the planet is a paradise for _____________ lovers.
12. To protect endangered animals and plants we need to ______________ their habitats.
13. Customers can choose fish from ______________ fisheries to ensure the stocks are not depleted.